||March 20, 2017
||Product Support Specialist
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Z3 Technology, LLC, a world leading developer of video streaming and storage systems, is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team in the position of Product Support Specialist. The Product Support Specialists help customers troubleshoot technical problems they face in using our solutions which can range from simple installation questions to advanced performance tuning of complex systems. The specialist will also assist setting up demos, production testing and documentation. The ideal candidate loves the technical side of video streaming. He/she is detail-oriented, has the ability to handle interruptions while fluidly switching between several projects; must have strong technical skills supporting enterprise clients. The position requires interaction with customers, sales team members and the product development team. This position plays a vital role in Quality Assurance, pre-sales, production and supporting existing customers. Tasks for this role can vary greatly over time. Strong computer hardware, software and networking skills are desired.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as first point of contact for customer inquiries that get referred to R&D
- Support customers in their setup, networking, video and general questions about Z3 products
- Participate in the Quality Assurance process for both hardware and software
- Assist the development team with performance analysis and testing during release cycles for service packs, hot fixes, etc.
- Answer web, email and phone requests for help from customers
- Perform pre-defined test procedures on Z3 Technology hardware and software
- Assist with document management; review and generation of technical documentation
- Complete various product management tasks, such as documentation of product features/requirements, creation of content for product trainings, and guiding products through parts of the production process.
- Assist R&D professional staff with a variety of other tasks depending on current needs and interests.
- BA or Associate Degree in Electronics, Information Technology or a technical field of study
- Working understanding of IP networks and protocols. Knowledge of RTP, RTMP, MPEG-2 TS, etc a big plus
- Proficiency in desktop software and tools such as TeamViewer, Google Docs, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills
- Must know how to safely operate basic hand tools and be familiar with lab equipment
- Ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with embedded systems
- Experience with video streaming such as Youtube, Wowza, IP cameras, Encoders, DVR, etc.
- Know his/her way around Windows and Linux OS
- Experience with Wireshark, VLC, Linux shell, tcpdump, and other networking and video applications
- Hardware skills including soldering and electronic rework
- Prior customer service experience related to technical products
- 401(K) and Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid Holidays and Personal Leave
- Company Paid Health and Dental Insurance For Employee
Z3 Technology, LLC is a drug free workplace.
This job description is subject to change at any time.