||February 21, 2017
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
Z3 Technology, LLC, a world leading provider of video encoding systems, is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team as an Engineering Intern.
This will be a part-time position for the duration of the spring semester with the potential to continue into the fall semester. Candidates must be available for at least 12 hours per week.
The Engineering Intern will work with our Quality Assurance team in our office in downtown Lincoln, Nebraska. Tasks for this position can vary greatly over time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the Quality Assurance process for both hardware and software
- Perform pre-defined test procedures on Z3 Technology electronics hardware
- Typical unit test, system test, field test and other support activities
- Physical inspection of products for correctness of assembly
- Create and maintain accurate testing records
- Assist in maintaining accurate records of inventory and equipment
- Management of local area network
- General office procedures and organization
- Special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Management in Information Systems or a technical field of study
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are key in this role
- Fluent in English with strong written and oral communications skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must know how to safely operate basic hand tools and be familiar with lab equipment
- Highly motivated
- Ability to interact with a variety of staff in a fast paced environment
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license
- Experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Windows
- Basic computer networking
- Customer service experience related to technical products
- Finger and wrist dexterity to operate computers
- Ability to sit for extended periods
- Ability to bend and occasionally reach low drawers or files
- Ability to lift at least 10 lbs
- Ability to stay awake and alert for 8 hours
Z3 Technology, LLC is a drug free workplace.
This job description is subject to change at any time.