How can we help you?
Browse the topics below to find what you are looking for.
Running the Encoder
I cannot get the Web GUI to appear. What should I do?
First, you should confirm with Z3 that the version you have supports a Web GUI. Check your documentation to see if it mentions a Web GUI. If it is unclear, please contact Z3.
If your version supports a Web GUI but it is not appearing, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check that the Ethernet cable is solidly plugged into the Z3 unit (do you see the link lights on the Ethernet cable which indicates data is being transmitted?).
- Check that the Z3 unit IP address and the PC IP address have the same first 2 values (or, if netmask is set to 255.255.255.0, the same first 3 values).
- Check that the Z3 unit and the PC running VLC have the same netmask (the default value in Z3 products is 255.255.0.0).
- Check whether the Z3 unit and PC can see each other.
- Try pinging the Z3 unit from the PC.
- Try pinging the PC from the Z3 unit (a serial interface is required for this).
- Check that all firewalls on the network are turned off.
- Try connecting the PC directly to the board without any routers, etc.
I am streaming UDP but do not see a picture in VLC
You can check the following:
- Does the IP address set in “Dest Address” equal the IP address of the PC running VLC?
- Does the port number in “Dest Port” equal the value entered in the URL for VLC?
- Does the video coming out of the source match the resolution in the encoder settings?
- Is the PC fast enough for 1080p decode on VLC?
- Does the PC have enough DDR to handle 1080p decode on VLC?
- Is VLC version 1.1x or later?
- One common mistake is to leave out the “@” in the VLC URL. Make sure there is an “@” after “udp://”
I am streaming RTP but do not see a picture in VLC. What can I do?
You can check the following:
- Are you using an SDP file?
- Does the value of “Dest Port” in encoder settings match the value listed in the User Guide?
It is recommended you try UDP first – UDP does not require an SDP file so that variable is removed.
We are seeing flicker on the decoded output. What should we do?
First, you should try a different cable to make sure the cable is not the issue.
Second, if possible try a different source to rule out the video source as an issue.
The above 2 are the most common reasons for flicker.
What NAL unit types are used in Z3’s video products?
Types 1, 5-8, and 28.
What SEI messages are generated in Z3’s video products?
buf_period and pic_timing.
What can I do to reduce latency in the encoder?
There are 2 main things that can be done to reduce latency:
(a) Set the video burst size to the minimum value (150ms)
(b) Set the # of B-frames to zero.
I can’t find my device where can I find it?
Download ZFinder in your account.
Where do I find the latest software?
Download the latest software in your account.
How do I get lower latency?
Refer to the latency document by logging in to your account.
Running the Decoder
Please see the same question under “Running the Encoder”
For more information about setting up a ZEUSTM encoder with Wowza Streaming EngineTM software, click here.